THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Thankfulness

Well, I'm feeling the desire to post something other than some random pictures of one of my many projects that have a tendency to take over my life. I want to list some of the things I am thankful for in this past year, and maybe you who read this would want to do the same . . .

I am thankful for my family. It's almost surreal at times. Yesterday as I was getting the girls all bundled up the thought crossed my mind "I can't believe this is my life". I am blessed with a wonderful husband who is so thoughtful, kind, understanding and enourmously patient with me. I am eternally grateful for my two beautiful daughters. They make me smile and laugh every day.

I am grateful for the wonderful and meaningful time I had to spend with my grandma this past winter before she passed away. I am so grateful that I had stopped working and was able to spend a lot of time with her. It was a difficult time, and still very difficult to think about, but during that time I learned so much about love and service while watching my mom take care of her. I am so grateful that I have so many fun memories of time spent with Her.

I am grateful to be a stay at home mom. It was a difficult transition at first. I had been working steadily for 10 years when I quit, so it was quite a shock to be at home every day, but I don't want to go back to working at all. The other day Viv and I were playing and dancing and I thought how sad I would be to miss that, or worse, how sad for her if there were no one for her to dance and play with.

Lastly, I am grateful for the comforts I have. These may seem silly and superficial, but they really make me grateful. My bed is extremely comfortable, and I love my feather pillow. We now own two cars that I am not embarassed to be seen in . . .it seems that we have always had at least one that is "less than perfect", although the bumper on our van is currently attatched with duck tape thanks to a deer, I still don't mind it.

1 comments:

Robin D said...

Macy I'm so glad you found me! I was just thinking about you the other day. I was putting Joe's shirts away in the closet and I saw that old blue New York T-shirt that you gave him. It's just sitting there and has yet to be worn. I have to admit I was tempted to throw it away but resisted. Its so weird how things happen. I'm glad to see you're doing so well and your girls are too cute. I love your craft projects. I'm so jealous of anyone crafty b/c I'm nothing of the sort. I'll be checking back. Take Care!