THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Singing the Praises of Grapefruit


My entire life, (well my life since age 8, when I started doing dishes twice weekly) I have HATED doing the dishes. Its one of those things you think you'll grow out of and someday enjoy or at least tolerate. Let me provide you with a list of some things I used to dislike, but now enjoy, or at least tolerate:


Broccoli

Talk Radio

The Evening News

The Weather Channel (oddly, my brother seems to have always loved TWC. When we moved into town and had cable, Ben wanted to watch TWC . . .not MTV!)

Cleaning the toilet

Cabbage


As of today, I must make a conditional addition of doing dishes. You see, about 3 years ago my sister sent me some Grapefruit dish soap from Williams Sonoma. Its nerdy, and alludes to my cheapness, but I have been saving it. I actually had it in our storage unit because I wasn't ready to use it, but about 2 weeks ago I got it out. I still am only using it occasionally, because I want it to last, but today as I was standing at a sink full of dishes, I got out the grapefruit soap and went to work. There were A LOT of dishes. Brent had made some bread, I made apple dumplings, fried some bacon and other things and then made lunch . . .plus the dishes from yesterday that I didn't want to do. Anyway, as I was standing there, my hands getting all pruny, all I could think about was how good it smelled! It smelled so good in fact, that I didn't even care that I was doing dishes! So, tomorrow when I do my dishes with my cheap Lemon-Scented Joy, I will hate doing them, but today I tolerated it . . .and maybe even enjoyed myself a little bit.

0 comments: